Set in 21 acres of the beautiful Weardale Valley, Heather View is a great base to explore the beautiful Durham Dales and its fabulous local towns and villages.
Heather View is a five star owners park with 282 pitches open 12 months of the year. Heather View offers a variety of facilities including a riverside Crazy Bear Hunting Lodge bar and restaurant complex, a launderette, children’s play area and on-site fishing.
Job Vacancy: Park General Manager
A fantastic and rare opportunity has arisen for a full time General Manager based within our Heather View Leisure Park in Stanhope, County Durham.
Reporting to the Group Operations Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the Park. You will manage, organise, control and supervise efficiently and profitably all aspects of the park in line with Company policies and procedures, to meet the service and financial targets of the business.
The General Manager’s duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Ensure high service standards are delivered, assisting in maximising occupancy of holiday hire fleet.
• Recruit, retain, motivate, train and develop department Head’s alongside their direct reports to ensure that we get the best from our people, delivering and exceeding our owners and guests expectations.
• Maximise sales, profitability and customer service to position both the park and the company.
• Manage the maintenance and grounds team to ensure that high standards are maintained, health & safety requirements are adhered to and customer service standards are exceeded.
• Manage and implement the budget for the park, monitoring and maintaining effective control.
• Ensure that all line managers adhere to company policy when dealing with HR matters such as recruitment, onboarding, absence management, annual leave requests, disciplinary, grievance, and performance management including appraisals & probation reviews, and training.
• Comply with all statutory and company regulations relating to health & safety, hygiene, fire and emergency procedures.
• Ensure that all terms and conditions of sales, licence agreements, park rules etc. are implemented in line with company guidelines.
The successful candidate will have extensive holiday park management experience and a real commitment to delivering consistently exceptional customer service. We are looking for someone with a well-developed work ethic, excellent communication skills, honesty, integrity and the ability to manage, develop and motivate their team to greater success.
This is a full-time position, which will include working during week-ends and bank holidays. The salary for this role will be £35,000 per annum + Bonus.
Accommodation can be provided if required.
In addition to offering a competitive salary, we provide an employee benefits package which includes: On park caravan accommodation, friends & family discounts, reduced standby rates on park breaks, childcare vouchers and ongoing training & development opportunities.
Verdant Leisure is a boutique holiday park operator offering self-catering holidays and holiday home ownership in some of the UK’s most picturesque spots across Scotland, Northumberland and County Durham. The successful General Manager will be joining us at an exciting time as the business goes through a period of expansion with three recent park acquisitions, and more to follow.
We look forward to hearing from you.