We are a busy leisure business with 7 coarse fishing lakes (6 open to the public), camping with 220 pitches and we accommodate 5 touring caravans and 5 Wooden BBQ pods, together with large camping areas.
Situated within 500 acres of Cheshire countryside, only 2 miles from Chester City Centre - Chester Lakes comprises lakes, lawns and parkland - historically a part of the Duke of Westminster’s estate. Now it hosts the perfect country retreat. The location is ideal for exploring Chester City Centre, Cheshire and the Welsh hills.
The site is open all year and boasts 50 acres of semi-landscaped areas with walks and lakes. The site has a café and a seasonal bar. We also host events which include fitness weekends and rallies.. On site is also our Woodland adventure course.
Job Vacancy: Park Manager
The role is all year, however from mid March to end of October is our peak season and very busy. This period will include weekends and bank holiday with long hours.
You will be required to ensure park facilities, services and products are available, operational and maintained to a high standard and that they follow all health and safety requirements. To do this you will cover 3 main areas of the business.
Customer Care Services:
• Handling Customer enquiries to the site in a polite and professional manner via telephone, email, letter and face-to-face.
• Manage and carry out check-in and check-out procedures in line with policy, some being late check-ins.
• Manage and response appropriately to customers ever changing needs and requirements.
• Investigating and solving customer’s problems as well as handling customer complaints, minor incidents, or other issues.
Operational and Administration duties:
• Manage site booking systems and maintain accurate information, records and files
• Compile and disseminate information to customers and residents.
• Maintain safety and security through positive communication with direct colleagues and of course our guests.
Facilities and Grounds Maintenance: (Managing the site Warden)
• To present a site that is attractive, welcoming, functional and safe. Maintain all public areas to the required standards as set by the Manager including pitches, toilet & shower facilities as well as washing, and refuse facilities.
• Assess and carry out rudimentary repairs and maintenance to site utilities and facilities
• To ensure that high standards of maintenance are kept in all areas within buildings and grounds on the site.
• Maintaining high standards of maintenance in all buildings, grounds including gardens, roads, play area and other areas within the site boundary.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate:
You should be totally honest and trustworthy and enjoy working with the general public.
Be able to cope with the physically demanding aspect of the job
Have an enthusiastic work ethic, energy and a common sense approach with a flexible outlook and enjoy the outdoors.
The job will suit a strong, confident, self-motivated and hardworking individual with a broad range of skills.
You will need to be able to deal with any problems that arise, so any construction, mechanical, grounds keeping, plumbing, and electrical experience will be useful. You must be computer literate, and have a valid UK driving licence. You will also need to have a good personality
Pay Scale: Basic Salary and structured commission, dependent on skills and experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email our recruitment team with current CV and a covering letter stating why you are suitable for the role. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Please send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please take this as you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.