Holgates Caravan Parks own six 5 star holiday parks set just south of the Lake District in Silverdale & Arnside, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Holgates has a track record of delivering high quality holiday parks in the local area, headquartered at their flag ship site in Silverdale. Holgates are committed to making the all round holiday experience second to none for all their guests, campers, tourers, static owners and Hire Van renters.
Job Vacancy: Senior Park Warden
We are looking for a hardworking, enthusiastic, reliable, customer focused Senior Park Warden. Knowledge of working on a busy 5 star award winning holiday park is desirable, but not essential.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be
responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the parks facilities and landscape and to manage other park wardens.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
Your place of Work could be any Holgates Group properties and the hours of work are 5 days per week, up to 48 hours per week to include Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays dependent upon business needs. Will include Evenings “on-call”.
Duties will include:
• Full responsibility for our Park Wardens
• Distribution and management of all jobs required on park to other Park Wardens
• Management of a team up to 3 park wardens over the busy summer months.
• All aspects of Holiday park operations
• On call duties to include covering colleagues on holidays or sickness
• Cleaning of the toilet amenity blocks and rental units to our high standards
• Groundwork, grass cutting and gardening, together with simple maintenance and repairs.
• Other general tasks involved in the day to day running of a park and working alongside the existing management staff
• You will be responsible for the park out of hours in the managers’ absence and when covering for management holidays /days off.
Key Tasks of the Warden group :
• Cleaning & maintenance of toilet/shower blocks used by touring/tent customers
• Cleaning & Maintenance of Children’s play areas
• Ensuring all areas of the park are kept clear of litter inc. Garden areas
• Deliver cylinder gas
• Collect rubbish, sort cardboard and recyclable materials
• Park security including out of hours call outs i.e. Re-setting tourer electric when tripped, going out to alarms in static caravans, noise or other disturbances on the park.
• Ensuring pool & reception areas closed and secure in the evenings
• Assist with Health & Safety inspections i.e. Children’s play equipment weekly inspection
• Opening main building in the morning, then helping with cleaning and if necessary unpacking counting & sorting newspapers
• Assist as and when required in other areas i.e. grass cutting, tree trimming, helping outside staff
• A general knowledge of office procedures will be required, for after hours arrivals and checking in of visitors vehicles.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and other duties/tasks in the business may well be required.
Health & Safety: You will work to the standards set by the company and their Health and Safety
Personal Standards: You are responsible for maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance for which you are responsible. We operate a No Smoking Policy whilst at work, which
will also include residential areas.
Successful applicants should possess a high level of customer service, be professional in attitude, have a flexible approach, a good sense of humour, be well presented and team players. Whilst we have our own on site experienced engineers, practical hands on work is required and good problem solving skills are essential.
Previous experience in a similar role is crucial. A full UK driving licence is necessary and you must be able to provide excellent references. Based on a 5 day week hours worked will vary and be discussed at the interview and are to include weekends and Bank Holidays and will also include evenings on call.
There may be opportunities for other general work for a partner (in the case of a couple) within our general site operations ( e.g cleaning, shop work, reception duties etc, dependent upon previous experience)
This is a fixed term contract subject to suitable performance during a probation period.
Accommodation provided is modern bricks & mortar with all facilities included.