Holgates Caravan Parks own six 5 star holiday parks set just south of the Lake District in Silverdale & Arnside, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Holgates has a track record of delivering high quality holiday parks in the local area, headquartered at their flag ship site in Silverdale. Holgates are committed to making the all round holiday experience second to none for all their guests, campers, tourers, static owners and Hire Van renters.
Job Vacancy: Caravan Service Manager
CARAVAN SERVICE MANAGER (SILVERDALE PARK)
We are looking to recruit a first class Caravan Service Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of a first class Pre Sales and After sales service to our customers across all our Parks, working 5 days per week, up to 48 hours per week, to include occasional Saturday or Sunday dependent upon business needs.
The role will include (but not be limited to) the following:-
• Communicating politely with customers and other staff by email, letter, face to face, and telephone.
• Handling all customer complaints, minor incidents, or security issues.
• Solving and investigating customer’s problems passed on by Reception, Site Wardens or management teams
• Providing advice and help to customers on the use of the products or services supplied by the Holgates Group
• Taking responsibility for inspection of caravan holiday homes upon receipt for any faults, and communicating that to the relevant manufacturer.
• Preparing and handing over caravans to new customers, and advising them of their responsibilities.
• Dealing with our after sales supply chain of caravan manufacturers and local companies usually via telephone, email and PC web based solutions.
• Ordering spares and parts at best prices.
• Maintaining accurate and timely records of correspondence or discussions with the customers and suppliers.
• Preparing reports for management as required.
• Developing customer service standards, policies and procedures for the organisation.
• Keeping abreast developments and changes in customer service field by reading pertinent journals, attending meetings and courses.
• Analysing data or statistics to identify the customer service level, the organisation is providing.
• Politeness, confidence, tact, patience and diplomacy while dealing with problems.
• Listening, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to produce creative ideas to improve customer service standards.
• Ability to advise and manage the workload our engineering team and work under tight deadlines
• Excellent Man Management skills, and able to work effectively under pressure.
• Good level of DIY or practical experience in how caravans and their component systems work to be able to suggest appropriate actions to be taken to resolve the problem.
Qualifications & Experience
• GCE/ GCSE qualifications in English and Maths.
• Good standard of ability in MS Word, Excel and web related skills.
• Experience in customer service management and sales related activities would be desirable.
This is not a live in position.