Overlooking the Firth of Forth, and with unrivalled views to the Bass Rock, Tantallon Park occupies a truly idyllic location.
North Berwick is one of East Lothian's most charming harbour towns. With varied shops, bars and restaurants only a fifteen minute stroll away; you can wander down the tree lined road at your leisure taking in the scenery on the way.
A short walk, via a footpath directly from the Park, brings you to the beach.
Between the Park and the beach is the Glen Golf Course where 'pay & play' can be arranged or one can relax and enjoy the park's own 9-hole putting green.
For the children there is a wonderful timber built mini-adventure playground and North Berwick has a leisure pool just minutes from the park. There really is no need to venture much further than North Berwick itself, but for those wishing to see more of Scotland's capital city, there is a regular train service to and from Edinburgh.
Job Vacancy: Maintenance assistant/Groundsman
Tantallon Caravan Park
Full Time: 6 days out of 7 (including weekends
Usually one weekend day off.
Salary: Exceeds minimum wage
Maintenance/ Grounds person required at our family Caravan and Camping Park in North Berwick. The purpose of the role is to ensure that high standards of maintenance are kept in all areas within buildings and grounds on the site, whilst maintaining safety, security and positive communication with direct colleagues, all other team members and of course our holiday guests at all times. Orientation training will be provided to the successful applicant. Uniform will be provided.
1. Maintaining the high standards of service as set by the Park Manager.
2. Delivering consistently high standards of service appropriate to area of work.
3. Maintaining high standards of maintenance in all buildings, grounds including gardens, roads, and other area within the caravan and camping park site boundary.
4. Ensure compliance with your staff handbook and all relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures particularly those concerning Health & Safety.
5. Supporting and helping colleagues to deliver an efficient and effective service to guests and visitors.
6. Ensuring the security of all company property including stock, equipment, buildings and keys.
7. Maintaining all recording systems as required by the Company.
Note: In addition to these functions, the job holder will be expected to perform other such duties as may reasonably be required within the level and scope of the job.
Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications
1. A proactive approach to giving excellent customer service within our caravan and camping park Team environment.
2. An ability to deliver high quality standards of ground care work, i.e. Grass cutting, Strimming & Hedge cutting etc.
3. A basic knowledge of recurring maintenance problems and repair solutions.
4. A basic knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations.
5. An ability to communicate positively with guests and colleagues alike.
6. An ability to work as part of a team.
7. A good all round D.I.Y. ability, to include plumbing, carpentry, basic electrics and painting and decorating.
8. A clean full driving licence
9. Physically Fit (medical questionnaire to be completed)
1. Specialist Maintenance Experience (Trades Qualifications)
2. A good knowledge of gardening and grounds upkeep.
3. An advanced knowledge of Health & Safety
4. First Aid Qualification.
5. An advanced knowledge of carpentry, building and electrics.
6. Experience of working in the holiday park industry.
7. Herbicide spraying certificate.
1. Contact the park on 01620 893348 or email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an application form
2. Send C.V to email@example.com
3. Call in to the reception and ask for an application form.
Closing date for application.
No accommodation included. Touring caravan pitch for own tourer can be offered.