Job description - Grounds & General Maintenance Operative
The role will include:
Our Grounds and Maintenance Operatives engage in a range of tasks connected with the maintenance and upkeep of the site, including grass cutting, strimming, gardening, and general maintenance tasks to ensure the park is well presented at all times.
This is a varied role with key responsibilities being but not limited to:
- Attending to general maintenance requirements across the site including performing preventative maintenance, handling basic repairs, and making sure all machinery and equipment is kept in a clean and serviceable condition.
- Attending to grounds maintenance requirements across the site, including grass & hedge cutting, strimming, gardening, and the spraying and applying of pesticides. (Training provided as required)
- On call duties will be required for which a mobile phone will be provided.
- Completing planned and reported grounds and general maintenance issues.
- Assisting with the delivery of bottled gas and other operational activities as required.
- Additional cleaning of facilities maintaining cleanliness to high standard.
- Assisting Reception staff when necessary.
- Assisting with siting and de-siting of Holiday Homes
- Assisting Maintenance Manager with the recording and completion of Health and safety checks so basic computer knowledge would be an advantage but training will be provided. Always working in a safe manner and recognising, rectifying or reporting any health and safety concerns immediately.
- Ensuring that work undertaken or not completed is appropriately recorded and communicated effectively with line manager as required.
- Reporting all breakages, breakdowns, and damage of equipment to the Maintenance Manager
- Undertaking any other tasks as required from time to time to contribute towards the successful operation of the company.
Skills for success
We are looking for someone with experience in grounds and general maintenance, who is enthusiastic and proactive, with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team. They must be professional, have good communication skills and an appreciation of the need for high quality and excellent customer service.
A full driving licence is a requirement of the role, as the position may include driving a variety of vehicles on site.
Holiday Park Description
Nestled in a picturesque location, just a stone’s throw from the Lakeland village of Pooley Bridge, Waterfoot Park is the perfect base for exploring the best of the northern Lake District. Our dog-friendly glamping pods, S-Pods, and self-catering properties all offer beautiful views of the surrounding fells.