Job description - Warden Couple
Join our Team
We are looking to recruit an On-Site Seasonal Warden Couple to join our committed and growing team here at Longnor Wood, our 5-star holiday lodge, glamping, camping, and touring site located in the heart of the Peak District National Park.
As a Warden Couple you will support with our mission to give our guests an unforgettable stress-free experience by ensuring that our accommodation, amenities, and overall holiday experience exceed their expectations. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
· Handling telephone booking enquiries promptly and professionally to ensure our guests receive a consistent and supportive service
· Listening to your guests to ensure that they are booking the most suitable accommodation for their needs, as well as maintaining an accurate and up to date booking system
· Adopting a polite, professional, and friendly manner for your arriving guests, showing them to their pitch and ensuring that they have everything they need for a comfortable stay
· Providing an on-site presence and evening walk-rounds when on call to guarantee the security of the site and the safety and welfare of our guests
· Undertaking 5-star cleaning regimes and turnarounds of accommodation, hot tubs and amenity blocks
· Performing regular gardening and maintenance tasks across the site
· Ensuring any agreed standards, safe systems of work and checklists are followed and completed to ensure that accommodation is the required standard for arriving and departing guests
· Devising and recommending walks, itineraries, amenities, or attractions to ensure that every guest gets the most out of their stay with us
· Working proactively and with pride to maintain our facilities by identifying and sharing areas of improvement and undertaking all daily tasks promptly and diligently
· Championing our commitment to listen and respond to feedback by identifying and reporting guest complaints promptly.
Customer service and guest experience is paramount to all that we do. As a Warden Couple you would be expected to provide first-class customer service when performing your duties, demonstrating a keen willingness to meet and satisfy the needs of your guests.
Hours of work are negotiable, worked on a rota basis with other Site Warden couples. Peak seasonal demand, which you will be required to support, includes the summer months and national school holidays. Applicants must be flexible in terms of days and hours worked in line with the needs of the business as this may be subject to change. During busy times there may be a requirement to work additional hours as necessitated by the business.
You will need your own touring caravan or motorhome to live in whilst working for us. The role will require you to be on call overnight when covering the late shift. This position includes your pitch together with electric hook ups, free WiFi and use of laundry facilities.
This position will be to start immediately ideally.
The ideal candidate(s)
We are looking for people who are Curious and Collaborative, those who have a willingness to take responsibility and to Champion customer excellence, and instil our values, in all that they do. Camaraderie is key, as is Choosing to do the right thing, at all times. Does this sound like you?
Our priority is to ensure our guests have a stress-free time; therefore, the ideal candidates will need to be approachable and have a friendly and positive attitude. We are a small team who are passionate about continuously improving our facilities and our guest experience, so you must be flexible and proactive and prepared to undertake a variety of office based and on-site roles. The role is very active including physical outdoor activities, in all weathers, requiring a lot of energy and enthusiasm from those who apply.
Applicants will need to be able to build strong and effective relationships with guests and colleagues, show initiative and make decisions as well as to take personal pride in a job well done.
Why work for us?
Longnor Wood Camping and Glamping Site became part of the WCF family in April 2022. At WCF we offer many Company benefits, this includes, but not limited to; learning and development opportunities, access to our pension scheme, as well as the ability to purchase shares within our business, and receive free shares, through our Employee-Ownership model – A great way to benefit and Celebrate in our success. Other benefits include, access to our comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (“EAP”), access to online and high street discounts and wellbeing resources, as well as the opportunity to work in an inclusive and exciting environment.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join our growing team and to be part of our future.
Longnor Wood Camping and Glamping Site (WCF) is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We do not discriminate against protected characteristics. We guarantee that all candidates will be given the same consideration and will pass through our established procedures.
How to apply
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Samantha Kitchen.
Own caravan or motorhome required
Holiday Park Description
We are an adult only park in the heart of the Peak District Ntional Park. We rent lodges, static caravans and pods, while also accommodating caravans, motorhomes and tents.