Job description - Warden couple
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful and scenic landscapes in England?
We are looking for Short Season Campsite Wardens (Couple) (Mid May – 31st August 2022) to joIn our estabished team and help in the running of a family owned Campsite in Eskdale Cumbria.
Are you friendly, approachable and willing to go the extra mile for our campers in order to give them a high-quality camping experience and ensure their wellbeing? Keep your cool under pressure? The couple we are looking for will enjoy meeting and working with people of all ages, be versatile and easy going.
Previous warden experience would be ideal or strong knowledge/experience of camping and campsites would be an advantage.
- Above all, ensure our campers have an enjoyable stay
- Ensuring that guests and their camping parties comply with the Campsite Terms & Conditions
- Be responsible for the safety and security of the campers by supervising the campsite and maintain safe practices
- Meet and greet guests. Cross-checking of booking details and their parties and show them to their pitches/ensuring that they are pitching in their allocated pitch
- Ensure guests only park in allocated areas
- Ensure that guests and their parties vacate their pitches on time,
- Ensure that camping pitches are kept and presented in good condition
- Ensure campsite facilities are cleaned and maintained on a regular basis to a high standard.
- Clean Toilets/Showers and Wash-up areas
- Emptying bins & litter picking
- Clean out fire pits
- Stack Firewood & distribute fire wood to campers
- Reception, clerical and administrative experience
- Able to operate the sites booking system (training will be given)
- Manage the site barrier.
- Knowledge of plumbing, joinery, groundwork and gardening together with general maintenance, painting and DIY repairs
- Ensure the quiet time policy is observed
- Quite time Walk Around required at busy periods
- Evening on call for emergencies will be required.
- Check on the Campsite during night hours if needed and attend to any help required at all hours. Qualities and experience:
- Cheerful easy going and have a good sense of humour
- Flexibility is a must due to the nature of the job
- Enthusiastic, honest, hard working and patient
- Be physically fit and active
- Possess excellent people and communication skills. Enjoy interacting with people, including children, and have a strong customer service focus
- Practical and able to multitask.
- Able to work as part of a team but prepared to work alone with the ability to use own initiative
- Firm but fair, respectful and non-judgmental
- Able to troubleshoot and deal with possible problems, ideally before they occur in a calm and respectful manner
- Good attention to detail
- A positive approach and can-do attitude
- Loves the outdoors, camping and nature
- Full driving licence
- First aid qualification (desirable)
The appointed couple must be prepared to take on any task required to ensure the safe efficient running of the Park. Other Information: We are looking for a couple who ideally have their own tourer/motorhome as it is necessary to live on site all season. Accommodation arrangements could be made for the right couple. Salary/Hours: (TBA). You will be on duty in daytime/evenings and every weekend with agreed mid-week day off. (rota system) A fair hourly rate (TBA) + package of additional benefits, free pitch, gas, water and electric, use of our showers, toilets and laundry allowance. We look forward to hearing from enthusiastic couples who will enjoy being a valued part of our friendly, happy and busy team. This is a fixed term, full-time, live on site position and references must be provided. Visit our website www.fishergroundcampsite.co.uk to view details of the site. Applicants please send us your CVs (to include recent photograph), via email please.
Additional Package of benefits include free pitch, gas, water and electric, free use of our showers, toilets and laundry allowance.
Caravan Site Description
Fisherground Campsite is set right in the heart of Eskdale, one of Cumbria’s loveliest valleys. Here on the West side of the Lake District we get less rain and more sun than our famous cousins the other side of Scafell. In this quiet valley there is still the Peace and Tranquility that should be Lakeland – but rarely is in the bustling centres. Here there are still more sheep than people.